Tuesday, February 10, 2009

There's a picture of our Mardi Gras float here on the site of the local newspaper, the Times-Picayune. Pam is on the left, having discarded her shark costume and dressed as a 1940s sailor instead.

And, yes, I've finally got round to putting advertising on this site - I hope it's not too intrusive. I can expect to earn less than $10 a month initially, but it's basically free money and an incentive to post more often. I'll let you know how I get on.

Readers in New Orleans will see Mardi Gras-related ads: hotels, balconies for rent to watch the parade, king cakes. What are you seeing in your part of the world?

2 comments:

  1. Also Mardi Gras ads. Are you sure it changes by region? Thought it was topic based. And you're lucky--these ads do actually seem to be related to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by to say 'hello', and thank you for the comment on my blog.
    Hope to visit often !

    ReplyDelete